The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on 25th May 2018. It is designed to give individuals more rights when it comes to how their information is gathered, stored and used. It builds on previous Data Protection legislation to ensure that all organisations are acting transparently and fairly when it comes to personal information.
How we collect information about you
We may collect personal information each time you are in contact with us. For example, when you:
- Visit our website
- When you participate in or attend Church services
- Communicate with the Church by means such as email, letter, or telephone
- Interact with the church thru social media platforms such as Eventbrite
Why do we collect and use your information?
The Church will use the personal information we collect for the purpose disclosed at the time of collection. We will not use your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, unless authorised or required by law. Generally, we will only use and disclose your personal information as follows:
- To keep you informed by email, social media as to church services and events
- To establish and maintain your involvement with the Church
- To improve our general ability to assist Church attendees and the wider community;
- To answer an enquiry or request for further information about the Church
- To enable the elders, of the Church to communicate with you
- To comply with the law regarding data sharing
What are cookies?
How we use them on our website
The cookie data that we collect we may use to customise the content on our website and to help to understand visitor’s current and future needs
Hyvots Bank church has taken necessary steps to keep secure any personal information, which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information, held electronically, is stored in a secure server or secure files. We take security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing. Your information will be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.