According to the Bible, men do not join the church, but rather God adds all saved people to His church (Acts 2:47). One must be born of water and the Spirit in order to enter the kingdom (John 3:5). The condition that one must meet in order to enter the church is to obey the gospel of Jesus Christ. This includes:
- Hearing the word of God (Romans 10:17).
- Believing that God exists (Hebrews 11:6) and that Jesus is His Son (John 3:16-18).
- Repenting of all sins (Acts 17:30).
- Confessing Jesus as the Son of God (Matthew 16:16; Acts 8:37).
- Being baptised (immersed in water) for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38).
- When a person does these things, he is saved from all past sins, and God adds him to His church. He has been born into God’s family.